One of the three pillars of BIG Vision Foundation's mission is "develop today's youth into tomorrow's leaders through sports and community service".
- Studies show that females especially benefit from their participation in sports in regard to their business success later in life.
- 94% of female CEO's played sports demonstrating this strong correlation. Girls who play sports are more likely to graduate from college, find employment, and work successfully in male-dominated industries.
- Athletics promote teamwork, a healthy life style, build self-esteem, and create a positive long-term effect.
Conditions & Eligibility - How to Apply
- Any youth girls fastpitch softball, baseball or soccer team age 19-U and below are eligible to apply.
- Maximum grant amount $2,000.
- Grants are awarded in the form of tournament entry fees for any BIG Vision Foundation fastpitch softball, girls baseball or girls soccer tournament during the 2017 season.
BIG Vision Sports Complex has had many young women here that were inspiring to the Play Like A Girl Grant:
All American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL) players Maybelle Blair and Shirley Burkovich, FIFA Women's World Cup champion Ali Krieger, Olympic Gold Medalist Jennie Finch, 2014 Little League World Series pitcher & winner Mo'ne Davis, and ALL the girls that play in our tournaments.